Amsteldam aan de land zyde van den buyten Amstel aan te zien. Vüe exterrieurre de la ville d’amsterdam, du cote de la rivierre d’amstel.
- Author: LETH, Andries de [after] LAAN, Adolph van der
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: Andries de Leth
- Publication date: c1730
- Physical description: Engraving with etching, on two sheets joined.
- Dimensions: 560 by 965mm (22 by 38 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14426
The view is taken from outside the Hogesluis, the city limits at the time. Numerous vessels are depicted on the Amstel with open land to the left, where horses graze. Amsterdam is laid out in the background, and all the major public buildings are shown and named including: the Westerkerk, Noorderkerk, Stadthuis , Oude Kerk, and the Zuider kerk, the Portuguese Synagogue, the Oosterkerk, and East India House.
Andries de Leth (1662-1731) was an engraver, publisher, and mapmaker working in Amsterdam during the first half of the eighteenth century.
Adolf van der Laan (1684-1755) was a Dutch draftsman and engraver.
- R.W.P. de Vries, auction, 1925: 274.
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only