Southwark from the North
By RICHARDSON, William , 1807

Southwark, with part of Saint George's Fields Taken from an elevated situation at the back of Beaufort Buildings, Strand.

  • Author: RICHARDSON, William
  • Publication place: London
  • Publisher: Published by W. Richardson, York House, 31, Strand
  • Publication date: 1807.
  • Physical description: Copper engraving, printed on two sheets.
  • Dimensions: Image: 335 by 1090mm (13.25 by 43 inches). Sheet: 449 by 616mm (17.75 by 24.25 inches).
  • Inventory reference: 12513


A view of Southwark from the north bank of the River Thames, reaching from Somerset House to St Mary Newington Church. Various buildings of interest are labeled along the lower edge, including the Leverian Museum, a now defunct natural history museum.


  1. BM 1880,1113.1205.