Barclay, Heraldic Engraver, Gerrard Street, Soho
- Author: BARCLAY, George
- Publication place: [London
- Publication date: c1840].
- Physical description: Etched trade card.
- Dimensions: 85 by 105mm (3.25 by 4.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17758
George Barclay (fl 1830-1872), issued a number of trade cards, including this one which depicts his own shop front at 22 Gerrard Street, in the Gothic style. Other cards offer his services as engraver of “Bookplates, Dies, Stone & Steel seals, cards, invoices, share plates, cheques, &c”.
- BM Banks, 59.9 on same sheet as another etching
- Mayhew, 'Survey of London', volume 34, page 383
- Whittock, 'Shop Fronts of London', 1840
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only