The Children's London Some of the Sights which May be Reached by Underground.
- Author: COOPER, R[ichard] T.
- Publication place: London, Dunstable and Watford
- Publisher: Waterlow & Sons
- Publication date: 1929
- Physical description: Chromolithograph.
- Dimensions: 1018 by 1265mm (40 by 49.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12495
A poster designed to encourage families to use the Underground. It shows London attractions that might appeal particularly to children, including London Zoo, the British Museum and Madame Tussaud’s, with the stations from which they can be reached underneath.
Richard T. Cooper (1884-1957) was a graphic designer who created material for the London Underground Group from 1924 to 1935. He produced a small series of posters designed to appeal to various demographics and encourage them to use the Underground; there is also a ‘Businessman’s London’ poster.
- London Transport Museum 2006/15347.
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only