後志國小樽港之圖 Shiribeshi no kuni Otaru-kō no zu
- Author: KAIGUNSHŌ, Suirobu
- Publication place: Japan
- Publisher: 大日本海軍水路寮 Dai Nihon Kaigun Suiroryō
- Publication date: 1871.
- Physical description: Blueback chart showing two charts, three holes and several tears to margins.
- Dimensions: 510 by 300mm. (20 by 11.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15985
A chart showing two small bays on the island of Hokkaido, facing the Sea of Japan. They were made shortly after the Meiji Restoration. Each chart shows the soundings of the surrounding waters and presents a compass , one with manuscript initials for the cardinal directions. No toponyms appear around the coastlines.
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only