North Polar Regions & Universal Time Chart.
- Author: BACON, George Washington
- Publication place: [London
- Publisher: Bacon's Geographical Establishment
- Publication date: 1909].
- Physical description: Chromolithograph map.
- Dimensions: 343 by 261mm. (13.5 by 10.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 16402
An unusual map of the northern hemisphere on a polar projection, displaying time zones throughout the world.
The 48 large clocks surrounding the map show the mean solar time for the major cities of the world – such as New York, Peking, and Paris – when the time is noon at Greenwich, while the 36 smaller dials indicate the time for each ten degree of longitude.
The map was published in George Washington Bacon, ‘Universal Atlas of the World’.
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only