A New & Accurate Map of China. Drawn from Surveys made by the Jesuit Missionaries, by Order of the Emperor. The whole being regulated by numerous Astronomical Observations.
- Author: BOWEN, Emanuel
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: William Innys [and others
- Publication date: 1747].
- Physical description: Engraved map with contemporary hand-colour in outline.1
- Dimensions: 375 by 450mm. (14.75 by 17.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17546
Bowen’s map of China, based on extensive surveys by Jesuit missionaries which he diligently lists on the left-hand side. Published in his ‘Complete System of Geography’, two volumes, 1744-1747.
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only