The Island of Saba By Capt. E.H. Columbine R.N.
- Author: COLUMBINE, Captain E.H.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Capt Hurd RN Hydrographer to the Admiralty
- Publication date: 15th April 1816.
- Physical description: Engraved chart, coastal profile below.
- Dimensions: 280 by 205mm. (11 by 8 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11638
Rare Admiralty chart of Saba Island.
The survey was carried out by Captain E. H. Columbine.
John Walker, founding member of the Royal Geographic Society, was a leading mapmaker and engraver working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. He is known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.
Precipitous prospectus for Lewis and Clark's monumental work,... a whole seven years before it was finally published
"I have made out a map..." (Bradley) - distributing the first postal map of the United States to local agents
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only