The Anchorage at Blewfields, Jamaica by John Leard & Wm. Buller RN 1791.
- Author: LEARD, John and BULLER, William
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Capt Hurd RN Hydrographic Officer to the Admiralty
- Publication date: 27th July 1815.
- Physical description: Engraved map
- Dimensions: 280 by 210mm. (11 by 8.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11670
Rare Admiralty chart of Blewfields, Jamaica.
The survey was carried out by John Leard and William Buller of the Royal Navy.
John Walker, founding member of the Royal Geographic Society, was a leading mapmaker and engraver working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. He is known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.
Precipitous prospectus for Lewis and Clark's monumental work,... a whole seven years before it was finally published
"I have made out a map..." (Bradley) - distributing the first postal map of the United States to local agents
4 Bury Street, St James’s,
PO Box 329, Larchmont, NY, USA
Opening hours, London Gallery
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 18:00
Saturday: by appointment
Closed: all bank holidays and 1-31 August
We are closed from 17:00 on Thursday 22nd December 2022, and reopen at 10:00 on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Opening hours, New York
By appointment only